The highlights from our recent event marking one year on from the Chinese ban on 'foreign garbage'. Hear voices from across the recycling and waste sector, including Defra, Suez and Friends of the Earth, as we seek to move the debate on plastics forward. Which countries has the ban most effected, what is the UK doing to tackle the problem and why is it so important to take our waste seriously?
- Dawn Woodward, Defra’s Deputy Head Resources and Waste (Strategy and Regulation), who delivered a keynote address outlining how the new strategy will address the challenges.
- Emma Priestland, plastics campaigner, Friends of the Earth;
- Adam Read, external affairs director, SUEZ Recycling & Recovery UK;
- Libby Peake, senior policy adviser on resources, Green Alliance;
- Caroline Laurie, head of sustainability, Kingfisher plc
Chaired by our resources expert, Libby Peake.
See photos from the event.
Music by Podington Bear used under Creative Commons licence.